In order to realize its growth potential, AddUp is seeking Business Development Managers for different market segments. This Business Development Manager role will have responsibilities for the Aerospace market. This is a remote position as the individual will be expected to travel 50+% to Cincinnati, customer facilities, or tradeshows.
The duties include but are not limited to travelling to meet customers, understanding technical challenges, and providing solutions, prospecting, and consulting with new customers within the assigned industry, and partnering with marketing to enhance and market our product and services. The candidate will be expected to become well versed the adoption of additive manufacturing to include part identification, business case and application development. The ideal candidate would have product development experience within their assigned industry in order to understand current challenges and offer real solutions.
- Responsible for travelling to customer locations, understanding technical challenges, and providing applicable solutions.
- Responsible to know and understand all products features, uses, benefits and pricing structure.
- Negotiate customer contracts for pricing, terms, etc. for parts and machines.
- Promote AddUp products and services by attending tradeshows and prospecting new customers.
- Work with project team to deliver samples and/or quotations to customers, while providing technical expertise to turn the quote into a sale.
- Consult with customers and provide technical expertise and recommendations based on the required applications.
- Assist in conducting market analysis and presenting findings to Sales and Product leaders to develop and enhance the product offerings, value proposition, and go to market strategy.
- Partner with the marketing team to contribute information towards the marketing strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from the industry.
- Working with the Sales Leader to meet and exceed sales targets in assigned industry
- Utilizing corporate resources and initiating the sales process, build and nurture new accounts as well as prospect and build new relationships.
- For target accounts, evaluate, make action plans to address, and improve our competitive position with respect to:
- Current incumbent suppliers of competitive equipment
- AddUp’s ability to address applications which will bring value to the prospect’s operations
- Interpersonal relationships between AddUp staff and the key persons within the prospect’s organization
- Manage the pipeline for leads and opportunities, providing appropriate reporting on the status.
- Utilize CRM, Salesforce, to effectively manage and organize leads, opportunities, and communication with customers and potential customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or another technical field
- 3-5 years’ commercial sales experience within the assigned market
- 3-5 years in technical experience in the assigned market
- Additive Manufacturing experience is preferred
- Ability to go into customers’ locations and identify technical challenges and inefficiencies.
- Ability to provide solution-based selling to customers.
- Work independently as well as cohesively with employees and managers as part of a team
- Comfortable in presenting to senior level executives
- Willingness to travel 50+% of the time