The focus of this position is to be the “enabler” for sales force effectiveness within the north American market, which will require complete proficiency in the AddUp product line and applications, as well as extensive knowledge of the competitor’s product line and regional market/customer needs. The individual will be responsible for demonstration of product capabilities and training, although in many cases the role will be one of coordinating and directing as opposed to performing the duties directly.
The individual will also be responsible for sales support activities such as coordinating participation in outside committees/consortia, managing engineering studies with specific customers or customer groups, ensuring qualifications to conduct business including within government, military, etc.
The position will also be the primary point of contact with the parent unit (AddUp SAS, based in France) on all matters regarding product requirements, pricing, providing information about local markets (and receiving information regarding the global competitive situation).
- Develop and maintain proficiency on AddUp product lines, with a primary focus on the Modulo/Magic Line (Directed Energy Deposition).
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the applications environment, which customer problems can be potentially solved by our product offering, and be proficient at formulating a conceptual solution to these problems based on our product line
- Ensure documentation such as price lists, technical literature, and marketing literature are available and distributed as appropriate throughout the US organization
- As needed, author application notes, papers, etc., in support of sales, marketing, and training efforts
- Be an expert on the needs of the NA market and competitor offerings, maintaining market and product requirements and communicating needs to the global product organization in support of product lifecycle and NPI decisions
- Conduct presentations, demonstration, and training on the AddUp product line
- Oversee and/or coordinate all cooperative activities such as collaborative studies, investigations, etc., with outside organizations or companies
- Represent, as needed, the company on standards and regulatory committees
- 2-5 years technical experience with Additive Manufacturing, preferably in DED
- A passion for Additive Manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent influence skills
- High ethical standards
- U.S. Citizenship
- Minimum of a B.S. degree or equivalent
- MBA preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time