Lead Application Engineer (Aachen – Germany)
We are looking for an experienced application engineer for our Tooling Competence Centre in Aachen, Germany!
AddUp, a joint venture created by Michelin and Fives, is a global metal additive manufacturing (AM) OEM and service provider of Powder Bed Fusion (PBF) and Directed Energy Deposition (DED) technologies. With established facilities in both France and the USA, AddUp is currently expanding into Germany thanks to strong partnerships with our customers such as MT Aerospace, Siemens and Fraunhofer IAPT. We are looking for a talented Application Engineer to support our new Tooling Competence Centre in Aachen.
The AddUp Tooling Competence Centre was established in partnership with the Werkzeugbau-Akademie (WBA) to support companies in the Tooling industry to develop innovative applications in the area of plastic injection molding, die-casting, pressure equipment, heat exchangers and others. Our state-of-the-art demo center features a 4-laser FormUp 350 machine and the necessary post-processing equipment.
In this position, you will be part of our international application team and support customers to realize their metal AM goals through expert guidance and close teamwork. You will also play a leading role in the operations of our Tooling Competence Centre in relation with our other Applications Centers.
We offer you a versatile and responsible scope of duties in a start-up atmosphere, with all advantages of an established and strong company.
What makes AddUp a great place to work?
AddUp has more than 300 employees worldwide who are passionate about moving manufacturing forward through AM. Our team utilizes cutting edge technology to develop solutions to manufacturers most challenging problems. We embody the spirit of a start-up atmosphere where collaboration and creativity are valued. Join AddUp and see why it’s so exciting to join a fast-growing technology company!
AddUp Benefits Available to You:
- A modern working environment
- A flexible schedule
- Annual bonus
- Educational and career growth opportunities
- Work closely with sales to identify and qualify high-potential applications
- Support new and existing customers on all technical inquiries with consultancy, part cost analysis, technical specifications analysis and manufacturing benchmark parts.
- Manage the part production from first contact to delivery to the customers
- Train our customers with regards to our systems and applications
- Take responsibility for the coordination of the operations of our Tooling Competence Centre
Qualification & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of metal additive manufacturing and laser powder bed fusion
- Experience in the design and manufacturing of tools is a plus.
- Experience with CAD design and CAM tools (such as Magics) is mandatory and Siemens NX is a plus.
- You are customer-oriented, self-motivated and have a problem-solving mindset.
- You are capable of handling multiple tasks with competing priorities under minimal supervision.
- You have strong communication and teamwork skills, and you can speak/write German and English fluently.
- You are willing to travel regularly within Germany and occasionally in Europe.