In order to realize its growth potential, AddUp is seeking Application Engineers for target market segments. This Application Engineer role will have responsibilities for the medical device market, specifically implants. This position will be located in Cincinnati, but individual will be expected to travel up to 25% of time for customer locations, tradeshows, or other commercial activities.
The duties include but are not limited to providing technical support to the business development team; meeting with customers to understand technical challenges; collecting requirements and scoping of solutions. The candidate will be expected to become well versed the adoption of additive manufacturing to include part identification, business case and application development and part qualification and certification within their target segment. The ideal candidate would have product development experience within their assigned industry in order to understand current challenges and offer real solutions.
- Responding to customer requests, gathering customer requirements for proposal generation
- Consult with customers and provide technical expertise and recommendations based on the application and industry requirements and specifications.
- Responsible for travelling to customer locations, understanding technical challenges, and providing applicable solutions.
- Work across functional groups to deliver samples and/or quotations to customers, while providing technical expertise.
- Generate conceptual design and build layout of customer applications providing CAD and DfAM as required
- Responsible to know and understand all product features, uses, benefits and how this provides value to the customer.
- Proficiency in AddUp’s software in order to provide product demonstrations to our customers.
- Provide training on applications, new marketing collateral, and industry specifications to the Sales team
- Promote AddUp products and services by attending and participating in technical conferences.
- Establish and manage an application “playbook” documenting successes and failures
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or other technical field
- 3-5 years in technical experience in the assigned market
- Proficiency in the qualification process of medical applications such as 510(k), ISO 13485.
- Proficiency in CAD packages such as NX or other is preferred
- Additive Manufacturing experience is preferred
- Ability to go into customers’ locations and identify technical challenges and inefficiencies.
- Work independently as well as cohesively with employees and managers as part of a team
- Willingness to travel 25+% of the time