Our North American team is seeking a Service Engineer with proven capabilities to answer the service needs of our Additive Manufacturing customers. Candidates must have demonstrated strength and ability to trouble shoot and return to service automated industrial machines and equipment.
With this position, the engineer will have the opportunity to learn many aspects of Additive Manufacturing equipment, processes and product while specializing and taking ownership of technical areas where they are most interested and skilled.
AddUp’s engineers have the mission and passion to lead, advance, and represent AddUp’s Laser Powder Bed Fusion and Directed Energy Deposition Metal AM technologies and services in North America. To join our team, candidates must possess similar passion in providing superior customer service along with keen interest and excitement to learn AddUp’s technology and business in order to contribute to the same mission.
- Demonstrate a service oriented approach and strong know how to satisfy customers.
- Master the AddUp product line to attain a full working understanding of all electrical and automation systems as well as understanding of all mechanical components/mechanisms and laser/optical, pneumatic, cooling, and inert gas systems.
- Lead the team in efficiently and effectively diagnosing PLC automation issues on equipment at customer and AddUp work sites in order to return that equipment to service with minimal business impact.
- Provide technical training to develop the skills of internal and external (sub-contracted) teams of engineers who support customers throughout the AddUp Inc territory.
- Participate in well planned, timely and high quality installations and start ups of AddUp equipment at our customer locations.
- As necessary, connect and engage with the AddUp technical group in France in order to communicate and collaborate for execution of responsibilities.
- Participate in developing the AddUp team, company culture, vision, processes, products, and services. Provide your ideas and feedback. Improve the performance of the team by sharing knowledge and experience.
- Learn other functions outside your area of experience or comfort zone. Teach others something you know to support the cross functional skills development of the AddUp NA team.
- Extensive automation and machine control experience with demonstrated troubleshooting capabilities. PLC troubleshooting, ideally with Beckhoff/TwinCat platform and/or Siemens 840D platform.
- Electrical, controls and mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience.
- Although previous experience in metal (or other) Additive Manufacturing (AM) processes is a plus, it is not a requirement for consideration.
- Interest and fitness to work hands-on with additive technology; working with the machines, systems, and processes in an AddUp technology center as well as in a customer’s facility.
- Appreciation for additive post processes such as heat treatment and classic machining operations.
- Graduate with associate or higher-level education in a technical field such as mechanical or electrical/electronics. Depending on the candidate, strong equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- Flexibility, interest, and fitness to travel frequently, sometimes for extended periods on assignment to support machine installations or customer service visits and developments, including at National Laboratories or other Research Institutions.
- Strong ability to think and work autonomously when required, and to perform under pressure to logically troubleshoot systems and processes.
- Aptitude and interest to learn and use advanced computer design, modeling, simulation, sensor, data acquisition and analysis utilities, hardware and software.
- Proficient verbal and written skills especially related to technical proposal, reporting, and presentation.
- Skills for planning and organizing work and processes.
- Understanding of team dynamics with the ability to work well in on a team.
- Ability to develop and maintain internal and external customer relationships; as well as using good judgement and style when providing feedback or suggestions.