Our North American Engineering team is currently seeking a Quality Technician with proven capabilities to operate and assist the quality laboratory and part processing associated with Additive Manufacturing Powder Bed Fusion and Directed Energy Deposition machines and equipment.
In this position, Technicians perform various tasks to set up, operate, quality measuring equipment. They also will be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and working with engineers to make adjustments as necessary to maintain quality specifications to AS9100 certification.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Ability to work efficiently while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) specifically prescribed for the AM work environment.
- Ability to read and clearly understand technical drawings, schematics and manuals
- Identify improvement in cycle time and cost both internal and external to increase throughput and performance
- Working knowledge and experience with production procedures, including Additive and Subtractive Manufacturing
- Familiar with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Familiar with ISO quality systems/auditing and supplier qualification processes
- Ability to work efficiently with hand tools and measurement equipment
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform necessary pre and post-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and optimal operational efficiency
- Create technical documentation for quality and inspection processes to conform with quality system guidelines and requirements
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
- Minimum of 3 years of Additive Manufacturing process experience, preferably in metals or equivalent
- Associate Degree in Engineering/Quality or 3 years’ experience minimum in a quality manufacturing role
- Experience operating within a controlled quality system ISO/AS
- Ability to work with hand tools and measurement equipment
- Equipment specification/calibration and preventive maintenance
- Process development and implementation experience
- Proficiency to create quality documentation and inspection plans based on business needs
- Ability to travel some of the time to assist customers and vendors with quality and process needs