The AM Operations Technician performs various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on AM machines and related process equipment. They also will be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and working with engineers to make adjustments as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Adhere to HSE protocol while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) specifically prescribed for the AM work environment.
- Proficiency in reading and clearly understand technical drawings, schematics, and manuals
- Working knowledge and experience with production procedures, including Additive and Traditional Manufacturing
- Ability to work efficiently with hand tools and measurement equipment
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Performing necessary pre- and post-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment.
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and optimal operational efficiency
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high-quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
- Participate in various continuous improvement activities to maintain a high level of quality and efficiency
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience with AM processes is preferred.